United Technologies Corporation Facilities Supervisor in Winston Salem, North Carolina
Job ID: 01343098
State: North Carolina
Country: United States
Job Type: Full Time
United States of America
HNC33: US097-Winston-Salem (Westpoint 2599 Empire Drive , Winston-Salem, NC, 27103 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
At Collins Aerospace, our Interiors team is focused on innovation, safety and cost efficiency. But we don’t just get people from point A to point B. We’re committed to making air travel more comfortable, connected and secure. As a leader in aviation interior products and services, we’re helping airlines and original equipment manufacturers create a positive experience for their customers. With offices and manufacturing facilities in more than 12 states across the U.S. and more than 10 countries around the globe, we’re changing the game of aircraft interiors. Are you ready to join our team?Role Overview
This position supervises entry and intermediate professional level employees or team leaders of support employees in Facilities, including skilled traders, maintenance employees and security personnel at multiple sites. Sets day-to-day goals, and oversees planning and scheduling of facilities maintenance.
• Manages general maintenance employees or outside contractors who construct, maintain, and repair utilities systems, buildings, and equipment to ensure operational objectives are met.
• Manages security personnel at multiple sites and determines and implements building security, safety protocols and organization or government restrictions, to ensure security and safety aspects are maintained.
• Oversees planning, organizing, and scheduling for maintenance, construction, renovation, and repair of the facilities to ensure upkeep of the facilities.
• Plans, designs, and reconfigures equipment, machinery, buildings, and structures to ensure the optimal utilization of the organization's facilities.
• Assesses and evaluates the physical space requirements of the organization and recommends plans to meet needs.
• Gathers and reviews data concerning facility or equipment specifications, company or government restrictions, required completion date, and construction feasibility.
• Reviews and estimates design costs including equipment, installation, labor, materials, preparation, and other related costs.
• Ensures proper functioning of facilities through ongoing inspection and maintenance.
• Conducts machine inventories and arranges disposal of obsolete or no-longer-required equipment.
• Manages facilities contractor management process
Experience leading a team of maintenance / facilities employees
Experience working in a manufacturing environment
Ability to work "on-call"
Strong computer skills
- This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 3 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 7 years of relevant experience is required.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Thank you for your interest in a career at United Technologies! We will soon upgrade to an improved job application system to simplify the apply experience. You will still be able to apply to any of our current job openings through December 18, 2018. On January 2, 2019, our new and improved job application system will launch; please check back on that date to see all of our job openings.