United Technologies Corporation Assoc Dir, Mfg/Ops in Winston Salem, North Carolina
Job ID: 01320666
State: North Carolina
Country: United States
Job Type: Full Time
United States of America
HNC32: US096-Winston-Salem (Oak Plaza 190 Oak Plaza Boulevard , Winston-Salem, NC, 27105 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
At Collins Aerospace, our Interiors team is focused on innovation, safety and cost efficiency. But we don’t just get people from point A to point B. We’re committed to making air travel more comfortable, connected and secure. As a leader in aviation interior products and services, we’re helping airlines and original equipment manufacturers create a positive experience for their customers. With offices and manufacturing facilities in more than 12 states across the U.S. and more than 10 countries around the globe, we’re changing the game of aircraft interiors. Are you ready to join our team?Role Overview
This position manages manufacturing and operations of a medium sized or complex site, establishing and executing production and quality objectives. Recommends and implements processes and operating plans to ensure operational efficiency, quality, and cost effectiveness.
• Oversees and ensures all quality related items for a complex or medium sized sites are complete and documented to meet established quality standards.
• Oversees cost reduction and process improvement for a complex or medium sized site to ensure efficiency of operations and cost effectiveness.
• Oversees scheduling for a complex or medium sized site to ensure smooth operations and optimal use of facilities.
• Oversees sequencing of work such as build and delivery for a complex or medium sized site to ensure smooth operations and optimal use of resources.
• Oversees and directs materials and logistics problem resolution for a complex or medium sized site to ensure availability of materials and smooth operations.
• Determines and implements performance objectives and oversees performance and productivity for a complex or medium sized site.
• Oversees production innovation, including additive manufacturing, for a complex or medium sized site to enhance production capabilities.
• Acts as a strategic partner for customers to understand customer needs and issues and ensure that the customers receive satisfactory standards of services.
• Responsible for all or a major portion of processing operations in a plant.
• Oversees production operations (shop floor management, workforce management, and flow disruption management), maintenance, plant engineering, scheduling and personnel.
• Manages and supervises the work of manufacturing production disciplines in the Operations function.
• Performs professional or management work regularly across multiple Manufacturing disciplines.
• Includes activities that cannot be attributed to a defined Operations discipline.
Candidates for this role should possess a Bachelor’s degree and 10 years of prior relevant experience or an Advanced degree and 8 years of prior relevant experience
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Thank you for your interest in a career at United Technologies! We will soon upgrade to an improved job application system to simplify the apply experience. You will still be able to apply to any of our current job openings through December 18, 2018. On January 2, 2019, our new and improved job application system will launch; please check back on that date to see all of our job openings.