United Technologies Corporation Associate Director, Accounting & Controllership in Windsor Locks, Connecticut
Job ID: 01321228
City: Windsor Locks
Country: United States
Category: Finance, Corporate Careers
Job Type: Full Time
United States of America
01: Building 01 Windsor Locks One Hamilton Road, Windsor Locks, CT, 06096 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems, or creating a positive in flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!When you join our finance team, you’re joining a team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond. Our team supports 70,000 employees across the U.S. and around the globe. As a United Technologies Corp. subsidiary, we operate with our own business reporting structure, financial dashboards and earnings metrics. This reporting relationship allows finance team members to implement innovative tools for the aerospace market in a stand-alone business environment. At Collins Aerospace, you’ll be not only be advancing your career, you’ll be leaving your mark on the future of advanced technologies.
This position is for an Accounting expert, recognized as a thought leader. Recommends strategy for handling non-routine reporting transactions as well as resource utilization, tax, and the assumptions underlying budget forecasts. Drives compliance with accounting policies, procedures, and devises adequate controls to ensure adherence to regulatory and business requirements.
• Oversees general accounting activities, such as, inter company cash management, government accounting, project management, financial reporting, and balance sheet management and leads large scale complex projects.
• Oversees all monthly, quarterly, and year-end consolidations / close, financial reporting and compliance processes.
• Drives compliance with accounting policies, procedures, and devises adequate controls to ensure adherence to regulatory and business requirements.
• Evaluates analyses of business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations to project future revenues and expenses and / or to provide advice.
• Acts as senior advisor on handling of non-routine reporting transactions as well as strategic decision making on resource utilization, tax, and the assumptions underlying budget forecasts.
• Develops, directs, plans and evaluates accounting policies and procedures including cost accounting, general accounting, and statutory accounting
• Manages the planning and direction of accounting activities, including the maintenance of the ledger accounts and financial statements.
• Prepares, records, analyzes and reports accounting transactions, including coordination and administration of assignments.
• Conducts or assists in the documentation of cost, government and project accounting in addition to attending to financial reporting.
• Negotiates and advises on collection of overdue bills and takes appropriate action to recover overdue payments.
• Coordinates credit review, collection of unpaid bills, and fraud investigations either internally or through an outsourced service.
• Manages and investigates tax, consolidation and close data.
• Investigates and manages intercompany, holding company and fixed asset accounting.
Candidates for this role should possess a Bachelor’s degree and 12 years of prior relevant experience or an Advanced degree and 10 years of prior relevant experience
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Thank you for your interest in a career at United Technologies! We will soon upgrade to an improved job application system to simplify the apply experience. You will still be able to apply to any of our current job openings through December 18, 2018. On January 2, 2019, our new and improved job application system will launch; please check back on that date to see all of our job openings.