United Technologies Corporation Assembler 1 in Vergennes, Vermont
Job ID: 01263439
Country: United States
Job Type: Full Time
United States of America
HVT01: S&IS (FUS) - Vergennes 100 Panton Rd, Vergennes, VT, 05491 USA
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions — whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you’ll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
• Perform mechanical and/or electrical assembly.
• Perform inspection in accordance with requirements of qualified operator program (QOP). • Accurately read blueprints.
• Demonstrate proper use of simple hand and machine tools.
• Accurately read and follow procedures, routing, and other work instructions.
• Take ownership of the accuracy of processes and understand the impact of nonconforming work.
• Demonstrate proper use of mechanical measuring devices.
• Perform mechanical rework.
• Demonstrate proper use of electrical measuring devices.
• Perform unique assembly processes.
• Must be able to effectively work in an environment requiring repetitive job responsibilities.
• Ability to focus on safety and quality is extremely important.
• Must be highly motivated and dedicated to exceeding customer expectations. Customer Focus
• Build parts that meet drawing specifications.
• Comply with applicable elements of quality systems (ACE).
• Meet internal and external customer deadlines as determined by the team. Project Work
• Work successfully in a team environment.
• Acquire applicable skill/knowledge/certification as required. • Comply with safety and hazardous waste disposal programs.
• Handle multiple tasks
• HS Diploma or GED Equivalent
• Ability to read, interpret, and follow documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, and assembly instructions.
• At least 1 year of experience working with computer
• Experience working in production
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments.
As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
Note: A Background check and a drug screen are required for every external new hire in the U.S.
A re-hire will be drug screened if it has been 12 months since they were last employed by UTC
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Thank you for your interest in a career at United Technologies! We will soon upgrade to an improved job application system to simplify the apply experience. You will still be able to apply to any of our current job openings through December 18, 2018. On January 2, 2019, our new and improved job application system will launch; please check back on that date to see all of our job openings.