United Technologies Corporation Production Planner in Union, West Virginia
Job ID: 01359613
State: West Virginia
Country: United States
Job Type: Full Time
United States of America
HWV02: S&IS (Deicing) - Union 225 Stringtown Road , Union, WV, 24983 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
At Collins Aerospace, our Interiors team is focused on innovation, safety and cost efficiency. But we don’t just get people from point A to point B. We’re committed to making air travel more comfortable, connected and secure. As a leader in aviation interior products and services, we’re helping airlines and original equipment manufacturers create a positive experience for their customers. With offices and manufacturing facilities in more than 12 states across the U.S. and more than 10 countries around the globe, we’re changing the game of aircraft interiors. Are you ready to join our team?
This position is for a Senior Technician in Materials Planning and SIOP who works under general supervision. Responsible for solving basic problems. May adapt new procedures for the Materials Planning and SIOP processes. May assist orienting, training and assigning the work of support employees.
• Works under general supervision to assist with Materials Planning and SIOP program management tasks.
• Guides lower-level staff on how to translate, distribute, and maintain limited to moderate-scope Materials Planning and SIOP policy and procedure documents, manuals, and other related information.
• Collects and analyzes basic to moderately-complex data on a periodic basis (e.g., monthly, quarterly) and guides lower-level staff on how to maintain data management systems.
• Develops limited to moderate-scope reports detailing Materials Planning and SIOP activities.
• Guides staff in the development of communication materials.
• Tracks the status and documents the findings of small to mid-scale Materials Planning and SIOP projects.
• Creates and executes plan for every part and maintain master data for purchased parts, sub-assemblies, end items and other parts as required.
• Facilitates the capacity management process, including identification and escalation of long term capacity gaps to ensure successful execution of customer demands in support of SI&OP.
• Executescontinuous management of the master demand schedule, including adherence to all required validations using the best information available, in order to provide long range OE and aftermarket demand visibility in support of financial planning, internal and external capacity management, and the overall SI&OP process.
• Monitors the transportation and delivery of inter/intraplant parts and outbound finished products.
• Tracks and manages inter/intraplant work in process (WIP), promise dating, expedite orders to ensure on-time delivery and flow.
• May oversee command center and drive part shortage resolution.
• Monitors tracking and shipping.
• Performs escalated expediting when required to ensure on time delivery of material.
• Mitigates risks for short term shortages with internal suppliers to ensure successful customer delivery.
Previous Planning and/or Scheduling experience
This position requires an HS Diploma or AA/AS degree (or other 2-year post high school training) with a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience.In the absence of a HS diploma, GED or AA/AS degree, 6 years of relevant experience is required.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Thank you for your interest in a career at United Technologies! We will soon upgrade to an improved job application system to simplify the apply experience. You will still be able to apply to any of our current job openings through December 18, 2018. On January 2, 2019, our new and improved job application system will launch; please check back on that date to see all of our job openings.