United Technologies Corporation Sr. Services/Customer Support Engineer in Troy, Ohio
Job ID: 01356188
Country: United States
Job Type: Full Time
United States of America
HOH12: Wheels & Brakes - Troy 101 Waco Street, Troy, OH, 45373 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Collins Aerospace makes modern flight possible. Of course, that wouldn’t be possible without the capabilities and technologies of our organization, as well as our engineers – a highly skilled, accomplished network that spans more than 180 sites, 24 countries and 6 Strategic Business Units (SBUs).
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn’t shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies.
Together, we will nurture an engineering culture that values intellectual curiosity, risk takers and integrity. A place where we will challenge ourselves, our teams, and the status quo and where we will work to find a way – the right way – to achieve what others can only dream of.
This position is for a seasoned Service Engineering professional working directly with the airlines and aircraft OEM to resolve in-service technical issues. Develops specialized product knowledge, maintains effective communication and frequent contact with customers and field team members, performs root cause and corrective action investigations. Communicates technical information and keeps customers and team members up-to-date on in-service issues.
• Acts as customer and field service interface to both the Aircraft OEM and airline customers.
• Maintains effective communication with customers and field team members to understand how product is performing in the field.
• Maintains frequent customer contact which requires a high degree of tact and courtesy.
• Develops specialized product knowledge.
• Leads specific aircraft program technical support activities including resolution of technical problems with in-service products
• Lead the resolution of general in-service product problems and responds to customer inquiries for assigned programs in a timely manner.
• Communicates technical information to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
• Ensures customers and field team members are kept informed on outstanding issues and communicates interim and final corrective actions.
• Lead development of Component Maintenance Manuals, Service Bulletins, Service Letters and Product Deviation (Repair) Authorizations.
• Prepare and deliver airline technical sales presentations.
• Prepare and conduct product maintenance and overhaul training.
• Provide manufacturing and service center support on in-service technical issues.
• Actively participate in new program design/development activities to communicate lessons learned from in-service issues.
Preferred Qualifications: Design and customer facing experience.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 3 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Thank you for your interest in a career at United Technologies! We will soon upgrade to an improved job application system to simplify the apply experience. You will still be able to apply to any of our current job openings through December 18, 2018. On January 2, 2019, our new and improved job application system will launch; please check back on that date to see all of our job openings.