United Technologies Corporation Test Technician (2nd Shift) in Phoenix, Arizona
Job ID: 01331888
Country: United States
Job Type: Full Time
United States of America
A50: Phoenix - Aerospace 1007 E. University Drive, Phoenix, AZ, 85034 USA
Perform various technician functions associated with testing a variety of aerospace applications. Typical duties/tasks include:
- Set up & operate a variety of test equipment
- Test a variety of electronic units using prescribed test procedures
- Configure and or verify regular test equipment to fit special tests
- Interpret and record test results
- Utilize a variety of diagnostic tools to troubleshoot to component level
- Recognize and isolate test equipment failures with assistance; generate Test Support Engineering ticket
- Perform high potential testing
- Read and interpret assembly and test instructions, engineering prints, and schematics
- Utilize computer systems (e.g. work instructions, labor charging, prints, and standards)
- Process material requisitions in accordance with established procedures
- Generate Non-Conforming Material (NCM) reject tags, Unplanned Work Request, and troubleshoot log form
- Recognize and take steps to resolve test/work area issues
- Maintain accurate records of all work performed
- Train other employees and perform other duties as assigned.
Physical Demands (representative)
Transport product with or without product carts; lift up to 25 pounds unassisted; sit at workbench/test stands for extended periods of time; stand at workbench/test stands for extended periods of time; bend, stoop, reach, turn as required; use hands for extended periods of time to perform test & troubleshooting tasks; distinguish colors and meet vision requirements.
Work Environment Characteristics (representative)
Working with equipment with moving parts; high potential (voltage/current); in areas with a high level of noise; chemicals that may emit fumes; jet fuel and other coolant substances; products of various weights and sizes; high air pressure; enclosed x-ray and laser machines.
Wear static-control and personal protective equipment.
Associates Degree in related technical field, or equivalent completed education preferred.
Minimum of 1 year direct experience in electronic test and troubleshoot. Good reading, writing & math skills; good computer skills; knowledge of office software apps; understand theory of electronic circuitry & electrical components; ability to read and interpret assembly / test instructions, engineering standards, engineering prints, and schematics. Ability to read and follow written and verbal instructions, use diagnostic and hand tools, effectively communicate & interact with others at all levels, understand and operate electronic test equipment, and handle multiple tasks at the same time.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Thank you for your interest in a career at United Technologies! We will soon upgrade to an improved job application system to simplify the apply experience. You will still be able to apply to any of our current job openings through December 18, 2018. On January 2, 2019, our new and improved job application system will launch; please check back on that date to see all of our job openings.