United Technologies Corporation Materials Planning Manager in Phoenix, Arizona
Job ID: 01320359
Country: United States
Job Type: Full Time
United States of America
A50: Phoenix - Aerospace 1007 E. University Drive, Phoenix, AZ, 85034 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
The next chapter of our future as an aerospace company is here, and we are excited about what this means for our employees and customers! Get onboard the Collins Aerospace Operations team and play a part in managing our innovative products from inception to delivery. The Operations team continues to grow and aims to strengthen the connection of Manufacturing Operations, Supply Chain and Environment, Health & Safety (EH&S) across Collins Aerospace. In this dynamic environment , you will have the opportunity to network across our businesses and functions, all while improving the productivity, quality and efficiency of our operations worldwide.Role Overview
This position manages a team of intermediate or experienced professionals in Materials Planning and SIOP. Executes operational plans that include storing and shipping of products, executing activities, responding to complex inquiries, and ensuring quality of work. Leads in the development of inventory control reports and manuals.
• Manages team of intermediate or experienced professionals and sets short-term operational plans for team.
• Leads in the establishment of plans and maintaining data for purchased parts, subassemblies, end items and other parts as required.
• Spearheads the development of the capacity management process, including identification of capacity gaps to ensure successful execution of customer demands in support of SIOP.
• Leads in the establishment of continuous management for the master demand schedule, including adherence to required validations using the best information available.
• Responsible for the transportation and delivery of inter/intra-plant parts and outbound finished products.
• Oversees tracking of inter/intra-plant work in process (WIP), promise dating, and expedite orders to ensure on-time delivery and flow.
• Monitors tracking and shipping process.
• Leads in the development of plans to minimize risks for shortages and ensures successful customer delivery.
• Creates and executes plan for every part and maintain master data for purchased parts, sub-assemblies, end items and other parts as required.
• Facilitates the capacity management process, including identification and escalation of long term capacity gaps to ensure successful execution of customer demands in support of SI&OP.
• Executes continuous management of the master demand schedule, including adherence to all required validations using the best information available, in order to provide long range OE and aftermarket demand visibility in support of financial planning, internal and external capacity management, and the overall SI&OP process.
• Monitors the transportation and delivery of inter/intraplant parts and outbound finished products.
• Tracks and manages inter/intraplant work in process (WIP), promise dating, expedite orders to ensure on-time delivery and flow.
• May oversee command center and drive part shortage resolution.
• Monitors tracking and shipping.
• Performs escalated expediting when required to ensure on time delivery of material.
• Mitigates risks for short term shortages with internal suppliers to ensure successful customer delivery.
Candidates for this role should possess a Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of prior relevant experience or an Advanced degree and 3 years of prior relevant experience
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Thank you for your interest in a career at United Technologies! We will soon upgrade to an improved job application system to simplify the apply experience. You will still be able to apply to any of our current job openings through December 18, 2018. On January 2, 2019, our new and improved job application system will launch; please check back on that date to see all of our job openings.