United Technologies Corporation CSE Structures Engineer in Middletown, Connecticut
Job ID: 01317526
Country: United States
Job Type: Full Time
United States of America
PW102: Middletown Aircraft Rd P.O. Box 611, Middletown, CT, 06457 USA
Job Description: Provide structures analytical support for commercial and military programs, with responsibility for the durability and structural integrity of gas-turbine compressor components. This includes airfoils, rotors & shafts, cases, and actuation linkage systems.
• Provide analytical support for preliminary & detailed design, through development, validation, certification, manufacturing and operational service.
• Cover validation testing (engine and rig) and data-reduction.
• Support in-service field investigations.
• Use FE and classical methods for strength, stress/deflection, vibration, fatigue life, damage tolerance, containment, kinematic and optimization analyses.
• Participate on multi-discipline teams to provide design solutions that balance customer requirements for durability, performance, cost and weight.
• Coordinate with others to advance technology and improve engineering standard work processes/methods.
• Document and present results to management and internal customers.
Minimum BS in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
Background in structural analysis and 2+ years of experience, with problem solving skills using FEM for stress/deflection and vibration analyses.
The preferred candidate will also have experience with fatigue/fracture analyses.
Candidate must be a US citizen.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Thank you for your interest in a career at United Technologies! We will soon upgrade to an improved job application system to simplify the apply experience. You will still be able to apply to any of our current job openings through December 18, 2018. On January 2, 2019, our new and improved job application system will launch; please check back on that date to see all of our job openings.