United Technologies Corporation Component Tech I in Louisville, Kentucky
Job ID: 01344071
Country: United States
Job Type: Full Time
United States of America
HKY01: Wheel & Brake Svc - Louisville 7100 Intermodal Drive, Louisville, KY, 40258 USA
The high quality products we design, test and produce in our Mechanical Systems help millions of passengers reach their destinations safely – every day! From landing systems and actuation to propellers, flight controls and hoist and winch – the products we manufacture work together behind the scenes to enhance the overall flight experience. We delight our customers with superior products and best-in-class service. Our global team is committed to continuous improvement – we work hard to make our solutions lighter-weight, stronger and more technically advanced, so that plane travel can be safer, more affordable and more sustainable in the years to come. We are looking for the best and brightest to fly and land with us!
The Component Technician is responsible for performing technical/mechanical/inspection functions pertaining to the aircraft wheel and brake component overhaul process.
• Conducts receiving inspection of in-coming assemblies/components in accordance with established procedures and technical data.
• Performs disassembly, wash, blast, paint, build-up, pressure test, receiving inspection and final inspection and assembly of aircraft components according to customer's specifications, airworthiness directives, applicable manufacturers' CMM guidelines and operating procedures.
• Manual handling and maneuvering (rolling, lifting) of large aircraft wheels and brakes.
• Maintains proper segregation and identification of components in progress.
• Maintains current knowledge of and complies with customer/Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)/Joint Aviation Administration (JAA) technical data as applicable to the work assigned.
• Performs painting functions including mixing of primer/paint as well as the application of primer/paint.
• Performs general shop and equipment maintenance; practices the principles of the Five Ss by creating and maintaining a neat, orderly work area.
• Identifies ways to remove non-value added steps from all processes and strives to produce products in the least-waste-way.
• Consistently demonstrates a commitment to continuous process improvement and practices.
• Actively participates and supports process improvement events.
• Looks for ways to eliminate safety hazards and improve the overall safety of the workplace.
• Provides limited training to other Component Technicians, where qualified.
• Performs other duties or responsibilities as assigned.
• THIS POSITION DOES NOT OFFER SPONSORSHIP.
• This position is considered safety sensitive in accordance with FAA Guidelines. Candidate will be subject to drug and alcohol testing per FAA's regulation 14 CFR part 120, as well as 49 CFR part 40.
• Works in a repair and overhaul shop environment.
• Continuous standing and walking.
• Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds. Employees will utilize a lift assist or buddy system if greater than 35 pounds.
• The employee will be exposed to hazardous waste and will comply with all Regulatory, State, Local and Corporate requirements for handling hazardous waste.
Education and Certifications:
• High School diploma or GED equivalent required.
Experience and Qualifications:
• 3 months manufacturing, production and/or maintenance experience and ability to attain required operating certifications.
• Use of basic hand tools including measuring instruments.
• Must have the ability to multitask.
• Requires the ability to read, write, and speak English.
• Must be able to articulate and understand verbal and written instructions.
• Ability to work as a team member.
• Understand component maintenance manuals and all other applicable technical documents
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Thank you for your interest in a career at United Technologies! We will soon upgrade to an improved job application system to simplify the apply experience. You will still be able to apply to any of our current job openings through December 18, 2018. On January 2, 2019, our new and improved job application system will launch; please check back on that date to see all of our job openings.