United Technologies Corporation Manager, Human Resources Generalist in Lenexa, Kansas
Job ID: 01325750
Country: United States
Category: Human Resources, Corporate Careers
Job Type: Full Time
United States of America
HKS31: US041-Lenexa, KS 10800 Pflumm Road , Lenexa, KS, 66215 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
At Collins Aerospace, our Interiors team is focused on innovation, safety and cost efficiency. But we don’t just get people from point A to point B. We’re committed to making air travel more comfortable, connected and secure. As a leader in aviation interior products and services, we’re helping airlines and original equipment manufacturers create a positive experience for their customers. With offices and manufacturing facilities in more than 12 states across the U.S. and more than 10 countries around the globe, we’re changing the game of aircraft interiors. Are you ready to join our team?Our global HR team works on behalf of our 70,000 employees to create a culture where talent thrives. Whether it’s recruiting the best people to our organization, partnering with managers to lead successful teams, accelerating the development of our top performers, or executing our holistic “Healthy You” wellness program, we impact the business in a number of important ways. We do this, and much more, without losing sight of our values, ethical standards and the importance of compliance. From the big, strategic programs to the high-touch client partnerships, our HR team is leading cultural transformation at Collins Aerospace.
This position is a senior professional with deep knowledge and highly developed technical expertise in the Human Resource Generalist discipline. Leads major human resources projects, advises on HR policies and procedures, addresses moderately complex HR inquiries, and guides the development of HR documents. Consults with leadership to assess the organization's HR needs, and assists with Talent Management issues.
• Collaborates with leadership to implement HR programs focused on accomplishing targeted HR objectives.
• Provides direction for HR support in areas related to HR plan and policy management. Maintains a network of contacts in Total Rewards, Talent Management, and Labor and Employee Relations to address specialized HR questions.
• Leads projects and assignments related to major HR tasks involving multiple variables (PDPR, PFTs, LDR, Salary Planning, AVP and Employee Survey).
• Interprets and advises on human resources policies and procedures to ensure that employment laws, standards, or regulations to are followed and applied accordingly.
• Addresses basic to moderately complex HR-related inquiries from all levels of employees in all areas of the organization. Refers employees, as needed, to the applicable HR specialist
• Guides the development of various HR documents, such as organizational charts, employee handbooks and directories, and performance evaluation forms.
• Coaches supervisors and managers on how to effectively address internal employee relations issues.
• Guides the development of records and reports containing personnel-related data, such as hires, transfers, performance appraisals, and absenteeism rates.
• Consults with key leaders and stakeholders to obtain their input on the organization’s HR needs.
• Provides business unit and department leaders with high-level information on employee training; refers to the appropriate contact in Talent Management for detailed information on training programs.
• Assists Talent Management with recruiting efforts for open positions including, but not limited to, tracking open positions, assisting managers with posting requisitions, ensuring candidates are being reviewed by management, gathering feedback after interviews, and assisting managers in preparing offers to optimize the recruiting process.
• Acts as a partner in employee management by formulating and administering HR plans.
• Coordinates with business partners for client management concerns.
• Organizes and maintains compliance policies in preparation for investigations.
• Oversees HR concerns in mergers and acquisitions.
• Manages relationships across specialized departments to plan and meet human resource needs.
• Works across multiple HR disciplines or within shared service environment.
PHR or SPHR certification
Candidates for this role should possess a Bachelor’s degree and 7 years of prior relevant experience or an Advanced degree and 5 years of prior relevant experience
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Thank you for your interest in a career at United Technologies! We will soon upgrade to an improved job application system to simplify the apply experience. You will still be able to apply to any of our current job openings through December 18, 2018. On January 2, 2019, our new and improved job application system will launch; please check back on that date to see all of our job openings.