United Technologies Corporation Staff Eng, Stress Engineer in Everett, Washington
Job ID: 01324804
Country: United States
Job Type: Full Time
United States of America
HWA32: US124-Everett (Commando), WA 11404 Commando Road , Everett, WA, 98204 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
At Collins Aerospace, our Interiors team is focused on innovation, safety and cost efficiency. But we don’t just get people from point A to point B. We’re committed to making air travel more comfortable, connected and secure. As a leader in aviation interior products and services, we’re helping airlines and original equipment manufacturers create a positive experience for their customers. With offices and manufacturing facilities in more than 12 states across the U.S. and more than 10 countries around the globe, we’re changing the game of aircraft interiors. Are you ready to join our team?Collins Aerospace makes modern flight possible. Of course, that wouldn’t be possible without the capabilities and technologies of our organization, as well as our engineers – a highly skilled, accomplished network that spans more than 180 sites, 24 countries and 6 Strategic Business Units (SBUs).
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn’t shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies.
Together, we will nurture an engineering culture that values intellectual curiosity, risk takers and integrity. A place where we will challenge ourselves, our teams, and the status quo and where we will work to find a way – the right way – to achieve what others can only dream of.
This position is for a senior Structural Engineering professional with deep knowledge and highly developed technical expertise. Conducts analyses and inspection of products and processes. Formulates conceptual designs of products, processes and systems to meet customer requirements. Designs major components or major portions of a functional system and prototypes.
• Establishes structural specifications, conducts performance tests, and plans or conducts experimental, environmental, operational, or stress tests on models or prototypes of systems or equipment to ensure quality and performance standards are met.
• Formulates conceptual design of products or systems to meet customer requirements.
• Evaluates product data and design from inspections and reports for conformance to engineering principles, customer requirements, and quality standards to ensure compliance and product quality.
• Applying scientific principles, designs major components or portions of a functional system, technically advanced prototype, specific or promotional product to ensure high quality and function.
• Analyzes, researches and develops structural engineering specifications for product design, or operation of product to include structures, mechanical, hydraulic, electrical and electronics, power plant, armament, heating and ventilating, equipment and maintenance designs.
• Analyzes damage tolerance, durability, design allowables and structural modeling.
• Designs, develops and tests metallic or non-metallic structures or materials and their related fabrication processes for use in engineering designs.
• Researches and develops new and improved chemical manufacturing processes.
• Designs chemical plant equipment and devises processes for manufacture of chemical products.
• Determines most effective arrangement of operations such as mixing, crushing, heat transfer, distillation, oxidation, hydrogenation, and polymerization.
Candidates for this role should possess a Bachelor’s degree and 7 years of prior relevant experience or an Advanced degree and 5 years of prior relevant experience
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Thank you for your interest in a career at United Technologies! We will soon upgrade to an improved job application system to simplify the apply experience. You will still be able to apply to any of our current job openings through December 18, 2018. On January 2, 2019, our new and improved job application system will launch; please check back on that date to see all of our job openings.