United Technologies Corporation Sr Eng, Design Engrg in Everett, Washington
Job ID: 01323160
Country: United States
Job Type: Full Time
United States of America
HWA32: US124-Everett (Commando), WA 11404 Commando Road , Everett, WA, 98204 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
At Collins Aerospace, our Interiors team is focused on innovation, safety and cost efficiency. But we don’t just get people from point A to point B. We’re committed to making air travel more comfortable, connected and secure. As a leader in aviation interior products and services, we’re helping airlines and original equipment manufacturers create a positive experience for their customers. With offices and manufacturing facilities in more than 12 states across the U.S. and more than 10 countries around the globe, we’re changing the game of aircraft interiors. Are you ready to join our team?Collins Aerospace makes modern flight possible. Of course, that wouldn’t be possible without the capabilities and technologies of our organization, as well as our engineers – a highly skilled, accomplished network that spans more than 180 sites, 24 countries and 6 Strategic Business Units (SBUs).
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn’t shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies.
Together, we will nurture an engineering culture that values intellectual curiosity, risk takers and integrity. A place where we will challenge ourselves, our teams, and the status quo and where we will work to find a way – the right way – to achieve what others can only dream of.
This position is for a seasoned Design Engineering professional, working independently. Checks completed layouts, communicates with other engineering personnel, resolves design problems, designs new products, maintains existing products, resolves difficult-to-complex design problems, and implements common procedures.
• Reviews completed layouts and drawings to ensure clarity, completeness, conformity to standards, procedures, specifications, and accuracy of calculations and dimensioning.
• Communicates with the other engineering personnel to coordinate the interrelated design and ensure project completion.
• Designs and reviews layouts of components, calculates stack-up of detail components, and performs major cost studies consisting of new details and/or marked prints and all supporting documentation, when necessary, to facilitate operations and ensure that established objectives and budgets are achieved.
• Resolves design problems of difficult-to-complex scope to ensure project completion.
• Designs new products and processes, and improves and maintains existing products to help create better products or processes and ensure that the current and future needs of the business are met.
• Provides technical leadership and when required, assists in training less experienced engineers to help them diagnose and solve problems and build capabilities.
• Designs and implements common procedures and standard work across the organization to optimize efficiency and quality.
• Develops data and makes layouts, sketches, and notes necessary to present design proposal.
• Designs major components or major portions of functional systems, technically advanced prototypes, and promotional or specific products using computer design and engineering systems.
• Develops or improves products and facilitates manufacturing operations.
• Develops data and makes layouts, sketches, and notes for design proposals.
• Investigates pertinent design factors such as ease of manufacture, availability of materials and equipment, interchangeability, replace ability, strength-weight efficiency, and contractual specification requirements and cost.
• Designs, develops and tests metallic or non-metallic structures or materials and their related fabrication processes for use in engineering designs.
Candidates for this role should possess a Bachelor’s degree and five years of prior relevant experience or an Advanced degree and three years of prior relevant experience
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Thank you for your interest in a career at United Technologies! We will soon upgrade to an improved job application system to simplify the apply experience. You will still be able to apply to any of our current job openings through December 18, 2018. On January 2, 2019, our new and improved job application system will launch; please check back on that date to see all of our job openings.