United Technologies Corporation Shop Floor Controls Supervisor in East Hartford, Connecticut
Job ID: 01325510
City: East Hartford
Country: United States
Job Type: Full Time
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits. Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, you’ll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that’s moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team, you’ll help answer today’s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow’s solutions.
The Hot Section Module Center – (HSMC) organization has an open position in materials leading logistics in HSMC North. This position will have general oversight of these operations and responsibilities include execution of material movement and systems, lead mentoring and training of unionized personnel, and procurement ownership to consumables and services. You will lead and handle value stream transformation initiatives regarding strategic materials management architecture and implementation of lean release strategies, handling methods, kitting strategies and transportation methods. The ideal candidate will be working directly with 3PL organizations, Hot Section Module Center (HSMC), administration, materials, operations and as well as the internal manufacturing groups to assist in redefining processes, execution on business requirements and delivery to customer expectations. The selected candidate will provide leadership and direction with emphasis on change management. Additionally, communicate effectively, understand the manufacturing environment and display business insight. Successful person will excel at forward thinking and ensure that HSMC- the Hot Section Module Center is transforming to meet the customer demands of a difficult manufacturing environment.
• Execute process and oversee activities through multiple organizations
• Establish standards and expectations for work effort and performance. Give constant feedback on performance to those standards
• Lead a team of unionized material operators
• Implement lean manufacturing measures to insure value streams and shop operations are stabilized at all times and/or to be able to identify areas of opportunity quickly
• Communicate effectively with internal partners and other organizations to ensure customer happiness • Communicate to peers and management, the requirements that support processes to ensure smooth production flow
• Establish system architecture designs that take into account customer requirements, resource availability, and other priorities
Education Bachelor's degree in Operations, Engineering, Business or similar discipline
• 5+ years of operations experience and/or in a shop environment
• U.S. citizenship required due to government contracts
Preferred Qualifications :
• Highly motivated individual who enjoys operating in a dynamic environment and who enjoys the challenges of process improvement and “lean” manufacturing initiatives
. • Success working in a high energy and fast paced manufacturing environment with the ability to adapt to changing business conditions.
Must be team-oriented with excellent interpersonal skills.
• Ability to plan projects and to use written/verbal/analytical/org skills to influence business objectives
. • Strong communication skills required: ability to present concepts, obtain information and work with cross-functional teams, excellent oral and written skills, ability to communicate clearly and concisely
• Candidates should be highly self-directed and able to learn quickly with a strong ability to drive and deliver results
• Excellent leadership, communication, problem solving, analytical, prioritization and multi-tasking skills
• Ability to work with all levels of management
• Advanced knowledge of materials management strategies, lean manufacturing system design, shop floor management execution, and continuous improvement principles (e.g. lean manufacturing, Achievable Competitive Excellence (ACE) and Quality Control Process Charts (QCPC).
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Thank you for your interest in a career at United Technologies! We will soon upgrade to an improved job application system to simplify the apply experience. You will still be able to apply to any of our current job openings through December 18, 2018. On January 2, 2019, our new and improved job application system will launch; please check back on that date to see all of our job openings.