United Technologies Corporation Global Supply Chain Development Program in East Hartford, Connecticut
Job ID: 01317261
City: East Hartford
Country: United States
Category: Supply Chain
Job Type: Full Time
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits. Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, you’ll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that’s moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team at Pratt & Whitney, you’ll help answer today’s challenges in powered flight while shaping and supporting tomorrow’s solutions. Pratt & Whitney, a division of United Technologies Corporation, is a leader in the manufacturing of military and commercial jet engines.
In response to the evolving aerospace industry, the Global Supply Chain (GSC) organization within Pratt & Whitney is offering a comprehensive rotational program. The GSC team is responsible for working closely with suppliers across the world to ensure we deliver affordable, high-quality parts that meet our customer's dynamic needs. Our team fosters an internal environment that flourishes with utilization of the UTC ACE operating system, while handling supplier relationships to ensure they meet our quality and performance standards.
Are you passionate about supply chain and want to start your career with us? The Our GSC organization is a fast-paced, dynamic, matrix organization that operates in culturally diverse locations around the world. GSC consists of commodity focused multifunctional teams responsible for the supply of raw materials and finished goods. The teams are set up into Value Streams to actively manage the supply chain achieving delivery, quality and cost goals. The GSC organization is recruiting highly motivated college graduates who demonstrate leadership ability and academic excellence for our two year rotational program.
The Global Supply Chain Development Program (GSCDP) is designed to expose recent college graduates to Global Supply Chain at Pratt & Whitney. The experience gained in the GSCDP will provide you with the comprehensive understanding of the product design and delivery, and its relationship to overall business performance and customer satisfaction.
Place associates in substantial rotational positions where they can:
• Gain a broad-based working knowledge of the key processes within the GSC organization, including the internal networks necessary for effective problem solving and communication
• Build the business and managerial skill set required to be an accomplished Supply Chain professional
Provide training to associates specifically designed to:
• Clarify the role and scope of Supply Chain and Logistics within the company
• Understand the activities and concerns of our suppliers and customers
Each associate completes four six-month assignments in the areas of Continuous Improvement, Supplier Quality Assurance, Materials Management and Supply Chain Management. Assignments will be primarily in Connecticut Operations but may include assignments to other US locations. The GSCDP will serve as a springboard into a rewarding supply chain career in our organization. At the conclusion of the program, participants will have the opportunity to move into a full-time role to further utilize and apply their acquired knowledge and experiences in support of both functional and business objectives. The program seeks out and recruits highly motivated college students / entry level employees who demonstrate leadership ability and academic excellence and trains them to become tomorrow's business leaders.
Do you meet these Basic Qualifications?
• US Citizenship is required
• You will be graduating from an accredited undergraduate or graduate degree program in May 2019.
Preferred fields of study are Supply Chain Management, Operations Management, or Industrial/Manufacturing Engineering with a strong interest in Supply Chain and Manufacturing.
• You have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
How about any of these Preferred Qualifications?
• Exceptional interpersonal skills and consistent record of collaboration, flexibility, innovation and initiative
• You have a real passion for learning and pursuing a career in Materials Management
• Ability to work with all levels of management, shop personnel and outside vendors
• You are comfortable working with Microsoft Office programs
• You are ambitious • You work independently or with multi-functional teams
• You have strong project management skills
• You demonstrate good analytical, organizational, and interpersonal skills
• Previous internship experience at Pratt preferred United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Thank you for your interest in a career at United Technologies! We will soon upgrade to an improved job application system to simplify the apply experience. You will still be able to apply to any of our current job openings through December 18, 2018. On January 2, 2019, our new and improved job application system will launch; please check back on that date to see all of our job openings.