United Technologies Corporation Change Agent/Continuous Improvement Specialist in East Hartford, Connecticut
Job ID: 01325606
City: East Hartford
Country: United States
Job Type: Full Time
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that’s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team you’ll help answer today’s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow’s solutions.
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you!
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world’s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
Military Engines (ME) Centers of Excellence is seeking an experienced Continuous Improvement Specialist to support Achieving Competitive Excellence (ACE) by driving Lean and Continuous Improvement across the Military Engines business. This position requires working closely with key stakeholders from both program and support teams, to ensure consistent use of tools combined with training and participation in events, leading to increased ACE competency for the entire ME population.
The CI Specialist will be instrumental in assisting the site in implementing process improvement methodology and affecting positive cultural change.
The ideal candidate must have the ability to think creatively to implement processes that exemplify the spirit of continuous improvement, while being tailored to the needs of the customer.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Serving as the subject matter expert on Lean, Six Sigma, CI and/or ACE methodologies.
• Support communication and training on the practical application of Lean and ACE principles.
• Working with ME ACE Council members to gather feedback and identify opportunities to improve processes relative to the program efficiency and effectiveness.
• Facilitate and/or support events to help improve core processes and sharing of lessons learned across the value stream.
• Prepare for, participate in and support ACE site certification assessments ensuring follow through and closure on all site action items.
• Development and reporting of ACE metrics ensuring tool usage, training and event participation across the site.
• Driving continuous improvement through the use of ACE Operating System and role modeling behavior.
• Prepare leadership status and other business reports. This position does not include direct employee management responsibilities.
Education: • BA/BS degree
• 5 years of professional work experience, with a minimum of 2 years of experience to include: leading and applying fundamental lean and CI tools to achieve tangible results, and hands-on experience in the application of ACE / Toyota Production System (TPS) methods and way of thinking or similar operating system rooted in a culture of continuous improvement and lean principles
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• ACE Associate or Practitioner certification.
• Lean and/or Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt certification.
• Experience supporting the development of Lean practitioners to create a strong foundation of continuous improvement.
• Understands and communicates “the voice of the customer” both externally and internally.
• Capable of influencing across a broad organization and gaining cooperation and action from others with proven team building skills.
• Ability to effectively communicate (verbal and written), work and relate with people at all levels of the organization, including excellent presentation skills.
• Aptitude to manage and maintain ME ACE SharePoint site. • Self-disciplined and have a positive attitude.
• Demonstrated competency working across business units and company cultures.
• Capable of facilitating training and providing subject matter expertise on ACE training materials to ensure a successful ACE Certification Program.
• Experience in developing and maintaining standard work.
• Organization/project management skills
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Thank you for your interest in a career at United Technologies! We will soon upgrade to an improved job application system to simplify the apply experience. You will still be able to apply to any of our current job openings through December 18, 2018. On January 2, 2019, our new and improved job application system will launch; please check back on that date to see all of our job openings.