United Technologies Corporation Associate, Industrial Engineer in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Job ID: 01325145
City: Colorado Springs
Country: United States
Job Type: Full Time
United States of America
HCO01: Interiors (Seats) - CO Springs 1275 N Newport Road, Colorado Springs, CO, 80916 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
At Collins Aerospace, our Interiors team is focused on innovation, safety and cost efficiency. But we don’t just get people from point A to point B. We’re committed to making air travel more comfortable, connected and secure. As a leader in aviation interior products and services, we’re helping airlines and original equipment manufacturers create a positive experience for their customers. With offices and manufacturing facilities in more than 12 states across the U.S. and more than 10 countries around the globe, we’re changing the game of aircraft interiors. Are you ready to join our team?Role Overview
This position is for an entry-level professional in Industrial Engineering, who works under close supervision. Supports senior engineers in a range of activities associated with collecting and analyzing data to support studies pertaining to cost control, productivity improvement, cost reduction, inventory control, and production record systems.
• Collects data to observe and assess work activities or witness tests being conducted
• Acquires skills and knowledge to perform routine activities under direct supervision.
• Analyzes, estimates, or reports production costs relative to scheduling, cost, energy consumption or logistics in order to track production data
• Analyzes logistics data, using methods such as data mining, data modeling, or cost or benefit analysis, to support studies pertaining to cost control, cost reduction, inventory control, and production record systems
• Works with cross-functional teams and internal customers across the business unit to acquire a better understanding of the business and customers.
• Identifies the concerns of the customer, probes for answers and actively listens to understand the customer's business.
• Establishes the physical layout of machinery and the most efficient sequence of operations and work flow.
• Plans the sequence of operations and procedures and documents manufacturing standard work and routings.
• Plans the allocation of resources, materials and personnel to establish maximum utilization of equipment.
• Performs research and engineering laboratory functions involving the layout, building, testing, troubleshooting, repairing and modification or electronic or electro-mechanical devices, assemblies, subsystems, and systems.
• Conducts studies pertaining to cost control, productivity improvement, cost reduction, inventory control, and production record systems.
• May assist facilities engineers (planning and design of facilities) and materials logistics (packaging design).
Candidates for this role should possess a Requires theoretical knowledge typically obtained through University Degree.
Requires a Bachelor's Degree or three years of prior relevant experience.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Thank you for your interest in a career at United Technologies! We will soon upgrade to an improved job application system to simplify the apply experience. You will still be able to apply to any of our current job openings through December 18, 2018. On January 2, 2019, our new and improved job application system will launch; please check back on that date to see all of our job openings.