United Technologies Corporation Network Administrator in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Job ID: 16637
City: Cedar Rapids
Country: United States
Category: Administrative Support
Requisition ID: 16637
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackling the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies – Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
We're seeking a Network Administrator for data networking at Collins Aerospace. Skilled in network design, operations and troubleshooting in a complex enterprise network. Provides technical analysis in network troubleshooting, planning, engineering and design.
• Designs, implements, and analyzes network infrastructure systems on a medium scale
• Performs as a team member in the management of existing LAN and WAN infrastructure.
• Gathers new requirements from the user base and designs upgrades and enhancements to the existing infrastructure.
• Analysis - Demonstrates the ability to provide a logical, in-depth analysis of a problem or situation.
• Customer Service Orientation - Provides customers with quality experiences, establishing and maintaining effective relationships.
• Dependability - Ensures that all details of a project are accurate before delegating to others.
• Drive - Displays energy, persistence, and a positive attitude when working on most projects.
• Information Management - Uses various software packages to prepare and review documents.
• Listening - Consistently practices attentive and active listening and can accurately restate the opinions of others.
• Stress Tolerance - Maintains a calm and positive outlook during stressful situations.
• Time Management - Works from a daily to-do list but will re-organize if priorities suddenly shift.
Bachelor's degree in appropriate discipline or in the absence of a degree six years of related experience; identified skills and experience
4+ years of working knowledge in Cisco and other network technologies.
Experience and knowledge with the following LAN/WAN areas: Ethernet, LAN-based switching concepts, TCP/IP, IPv4,
Experience and knowledge with configuration, operation and troubleshooting of the following: STP, VTP, 802.1q, IPSec, VRF, EVN, DMVPN, VRRP/HSRP, VSS, EIGRP, BGP, VRRP
Experience supporting wireless networks, preferably Aruba
Foundational knowledge of load balancing
Packet capture and trace analysis.
Good presentation skills and project management abilities
CCNA/CCNP strongly preferred
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
Life insurance and disability coverage
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Collins Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
Thank you for your interest in a career at United Technologies! We will soon upgrade to an improved job application system to simplify the apply experience. You will still be able to apply to any of our current job openings through December 18, 2018. On January 2, 2019, our new and improved job application system will launch; please check back on that date to see all of our job openings.