United Technologies Corporation Sr. Service Center Technician in Atlanta, Georgia
Job ID: 01344603
Country: United States
Category: Aftermarket & Service
Job Type: Full Time
United States of America
HGA31: Atlanta, GA 5159 Southridge Parkway, Atlanta, GA USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we’re helping passengers reach their destination safely. We’re connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we’re providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.Role Overview
This position is for a staff Production and Technical Service technician who is under moderate supervision. Responsible for troubleshooting technical problems and issues, determining technical solutions in accordance with product and customer specifications, and recommending actions to customers, customer service representatives, sales representatives or field staff for coordinated product solution. Assists in orienting, training, and assigning work of technical/business support employees.
• Works under moderate supervision to provide product and technical support.
• Responds to moderately complex customer inquiries and resolves technical problems related to installation, modification, upgrade, maintenance and repair of the company products or equipment purchased.
• Conducts technical training and product briefing with customers, vendors and company representatives.
• Drafts technical documentation to improve the level ofon-site maintenance and timely processing of product fault.
• Troubleshoots technical problems and issues, determines technical solution in accordance with product and customer specifications, and recommends actions to customers, customer service representatives, sales representatives or field staff for coordinated product solution.
• Coordinates with Customer Service representatives to identify customer training and support needs.
• Resolves issues surrounding installation, usage, upgrade and training on products.
• Provides on-site support as needed.
• May resolve technical problems in a call center/help desk environment or through customer escalation.
• Completes proper documentation of issues.
• Not responsible for sales activities.
This position requires either:
•An AA/AS degree (or other 2-year post high school training) with a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience.In the absence of a HS diploma, GED or AA/AS degree, 8 years of relevant experience is required OR
•A Bachelor's degree in the appropriate discipline and 2 years of relevant experience.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Thank you for your interest in a career at United Technologies! We will soon upgrade to an improved job application system to simplify the apply experience. You will still be able to apply to any of our current job openings through December 18, 2018. On January 2, 2019, our new and improved job application system will launch; please check back on that date to see all of our job openings.