United Technologies Corporation Nacelle Structural Integration Engineer in West Palm Beach, Florida
Job ID: 50989BR
City: West Palm Beach
Country: United States
Category: Engineering: Structural Engrg
The Nacelle & Externals Division of FALCEN (Fan, Low compressor, Externals and Nacelle Module Center) is looking for strong Structural Integration Engineer candidates to join our team as we grow to support the expanding Next Generation Product Family (NGPF) Geared Turbofan programs. The Nacelle Structures organization is responsible for nacelle, engine mounts and engine build up (EBU) components, integrating these products with the engine, pylon, and airframe.
The Structural Integration Engineer will represent Nacelle Structures in all phases of the product development cycle, starting from concept optimization, preliminary design, detailed design, validation, certification, to post certification support.
Key activities include:
1) Develop technical requirement/specifications based on airframer requirement, flow down the requirement to suppliers, and negotiate agreement on means of compliance.
2) Lead the structural integration activity to develop load release packages for preliminary design, detailed design and certification. These activities included finite element model check, loads comparison, resolve component loads, etc.
3) Work with supplier to define the engine/flight test requirement, develop the Test Job Request, witness certification test as required.
4) Review supplier’s submission of FAR25 qualification plan, test procedure, analysis/similarity/test report, and secure the final approval from airframer/certification authority
5) Conduct failure investigation as required.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.