United Technologies Corporation Manufacturing Engineer II--Chemical and Mechanical Processing in Troy, Ohio
Job ID: 51149BR
Country: United States
Category: Operations: Manufacturing Engrg
Every second a plane takes off with UTC Aerospace Systems equipment onboard. From space exploration and defense to today’s more electric, more intelligent, more integrated aircraft – our systems make modern flight possible. And by “make it possible,” we mean: we start it, power it, control it, ventilate it, quiet it, land it, stop it and monitor it. We have more than 41,000 employees across 26 countries working at the forefront of technological innovation. Thanks to their efforts, our global reach and our market-leading position, we do big things no one else can do.
Today, the fully integrated landing systems we design, test and manufacture help millions of passengers reach their destinations safely. But we aren’t satisfied with today’s success. Our global Landing Systems team is committed to continuous improvement – we work hard to make our solutions lighter-weight, stronger and more technically advanced, so that plane travel can be safer, more affordable and more sustainable in the years to come. We are looking for the best and brightest to fly and land with us!
We have an immediate need for a Manufacturing Engineer II in our Troy, OH facility.
The duties and responsibilities of this position include:
• Assure processes, including equipment, fixturing, fixture design, routings, programming, tooling, and standard work in support of the following processes: Machining, Anodize, Chemical Etch, Aluminum Conversion Coating, Flourescent Penetrant Inspection, Waste Water Treatment, and Shotpeen.
• Continuously improve quality and productivity using the Ace Operating System for products and processes including compliance to these processes.
• Specify, justify, and install capital projects in support of production requirements
. • Identify and implement cost savings as related to direct and indirect labor savings, and expense account budgets.
• Ability to lead activities related to compliance audits including AS9100, NADCAP, etc.
• Provide technical support for serving as liaison between Value Streams, Quality Assurance, EH&S and Design Engineering.
The ideal candidate will have the following combination of education and experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with minimum 3 years’ experience supporting manufacturing operations.
• Proven record of continuous improvement projects while embracing the daily use of lean tools in a team environment.
• Intermediate user of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) including MS Project. Experience with intermediate level functions in Excel Experience with the following is preferred:
• Management of large projects including new processing lines.
• Experience with automated chemical processing systems including PLCs, Allen Bradley preferred
. • Machining experience including processing, fixture design and tooling.
• Experience with automated shotpeen systems.
• Purchase of capital equipment.
• Budget Management.
• AS9100 and NADCAP Audit experience preferred
• All candidates must be able to verify U.S. Person Status as defined by International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.