United Technologies Corporation Overhaul & Repair Inspector in East Hartford, Connecticut
Job ID: 50478BR
City: East Hartford
Country: United States
• Work from written inspection procedures, drawings and other instructions to perform inspection of specified engine build or overhaul operations. Carry out required visual and dimensional inspection procedures prior to shipment. Refer for acceptance or identify nonconformance for quality review as appropriate and recommend necessary processes.
• Follow detailed instructions to assist with the evaluation of engine in need of repair or overhaul including taking of photographs and visually inspecting engine for needed repair. Perform routine inspection of parts, accessories or equipment and effect paperwork to refer for further processing.
• Coordinate parts for processing through overhaul or repair operations to ensure the most efficient and cost effective routing. Evaluate paperwork. Determine change in processes as required, and reallocate parts to work centers as needed.
• Use a variety of fixed and variable measuring instruments to check dimensions and record results. Perform mathematical computations to determine extent of nonconformance.
• Recognize need and arrange for repair or replacement of equipment.
• Perform routine servicing throughout the assigned area following specified procedures and written instructions such as inspector’s check list for upkeep and to assure equipment operates properly.
• Assist others who are responsible for inspection processes and operations such as swaps and buys and other specialized assignments within the scope and skill level of this job description.
May be assigned to carry out tasks not specifically listed, within the scope and skill level of this job description in support of department objectives and to develop individual’s skills.
May be required to train for, obtain and maintain licenses, operator permits and certifications within assigned specialization.
East Hartford Repair Operations is a FAA regulated facility and compliance with such rules is a condition of employment.
Requires knowledge of aircraft engine construction, operation and related inspection and assembly methods, machine shop practices and repair procedures. Use a variety of standard measuring instruments and equipment. Ability to read complicated drawings and specifications and use shop mathematics to solve problems. Equivalent
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.