United Technologies Corporation Northeast MCL Regional Manager in East Hartford, Connecticut
Job ID: 44629BR
City: East Hartford
Country: United States
Job Type: Full-Time
The Pratt & Whitney Quality & Standards Laboratories (Q&SL) organization is seeking an energetic, self-starter to provide leadership within the Supplier Metallurgical Control (SMC) group.The successful candidate will manage a team of Supplier Metallurgical Control Specialist (SMCS) in the Northeast Region and provide support for the Northeast Regional Office.This position will be based in East Hartford.
• Supervise and lead a team of Supplier Metallurgical Control Specialists (SMCS).
• Provide MCL leadership for the Northeast Regional Office.
• Provide technical and quality process leadership in the areas of chemical/metallurgical quality controls within the P&W MCL supply base.
• Ensure Supplier Source Qualifications are properly managed to meet customer expectations.
• Ensure timely supplier visits and report generation by regional team.
• Review/approve supplier quality surveillance and product reviews.
• Become an approved member of the Material Review Board (MRB) and actively participate in non-conforming material dispositions.
• Act as MCL focal point for escape management.
• Lead the implementation of the chemical/metallurgical controls as specified by purchase orders, blue prints and MCL Manual Sections.
Ideal candidate will have familiarity with the following:
• Testing and control of raw materials, finished product, and processing ensuring compliance with company standards and applicable government regulations.
• Chemical/Metallurgical Processes, i.e., laser machining. Electro-discharge machining, electro-chemical grinding, brazing, coatings, welding, heat treatment, etc.
• Product Integrity / Quality control
• Surveillance of suppliers’ quality system
• Audit of suppliers’ processes and products
Additionally, the ideal candidate will have demonstrated leadership skills as well as strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.