United Technologies Corporation Design Engineer in East Hartford, Connecticut
Job ID: 51000BR
City: East Hartford
Country: United States
Category: Engineering: Design Engrg
This is a position for an experienced Design Engineer supporting commercial and/or military engines in the Fan/LPC/Externals/Nacelles (“FaLCEN”) organization on-site at the East Hartford, CT facility. Experienced Design Engineers will participate and lead in developing conceptual, preliminary, and detailed designs of gas turbine engines; be responsible for design configuration; meet cost, weight, and production requirements; participate on or lead multidisciplinary integrated product teams (IPTs) to develop and produce new hardware or to improve existing designs; and support design reviews and provide field & production technical support. The engineer in this position will interact with internal and external customers. The FaLCEN organization is responsible for mature & development commercial engine Fan/LPC/Externals/Nacelles and/or mature & development military engine Externals.
• Organize and manage task assignments. Support the Design Manager in task planning, manpower requirements and coordinating inhouse and outsource resources.
• Coach, train and develop junior design engineers.
• Cradle-to-grave design support, from preliminary through detailed design, development, validation, certification, manufacturing and operational service.
• Support in-service field investigations.
• Participation in multi-discipline teams to provide design solutions that balance customer requirements for durability, performance, cost and weight.
• Ensure Outsourcing work is completed, reviewed and approved by design associates with appropriate proficiency level.
• Documentation and communication of results.
US Citizenship Required
Experience with Design Engineering
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.