United Technologies Corporation Sr. Eng, Mfr. Eng in Cheshire, Connecticut
Job ID: 51091BR
Country: United States
Category: Engineering: Manufacturing Engrg
UTC Aerospace Systems is a global supplier of systems and services in the aerospace and defense markets with one of the most strategically diversified portfolios of products in the industry. The Sensors and Integrated Systems (SIS) division located in Cheshire, Connecticut has a full time position for a Manufacturing Engineer.
The Manufacturing Engineering position is responsible for documenting, maintaining and upgrading all processes associated with the assembly and test of Inertial Measurement Units (IMU). The successful candidate will be capable of trouble shooting difficult problems as they relate to the electromechanical IMU assembly and or the associated test equipment. The candidate will work in a dynamic collaborative environment requiring excellent written and verbal communication skills. The candidate will be responsible for evaluating product failures and developing appropriate corrective action. The candidate will develop documentation and procedures in support of new product production processes and requirements.
• Troubleshoot Electrical and Electronic problems quickly.
• Obtain an in depth knowledge of how the system operates.
• Interface and work with other manufacturing engineers supporting feeder lines
• Compose and edit manufacturing and test procedures and station procedures.
• Maintain and upgrade databases associated with test equipment
• Good communication skills and use Microsoft Word and Excel effectively.
• A minimum of three years of experience in Electrical Engineering and/or test systems.
• Demonstrated expertise in troubleshooting electrical systems.
• Knowledge of analog and digital electrical circuits
• Capable or reading drawing and schematics
• Ability to work and effectively communicate in a team environment.
• Prefer programming experience in Visual Basic, Labview, Access databases and other programming languages.
Working Conditions – Physical requirements and environment:
•Office environment and manufacturing environment involving hazardous materials.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.