United Technologies Corporation Sr. Manager, Public Relations in Charlotte, North Carolina
Job ID: 50627BR
State: North Carolina
Country: United States
Category: Communications, Central Functions
Are you a news connoisseur? Do you get a thrill out of mining for headline grabbing gold? And do you thrive in fast paced environments with tight deadlines and even tighter turnaround times? Well, your dream job just landed at UTC Aerospace Systems! We’re looking for an energetic, inquisitive, creative team player that’s ready to put pen to paper and to share more of our newsworthy stories with the world!
The PR Manager partners with UTC Aerospace System media team as well as with the communications leaders in each Strategic Business Unit to uncover newsworthy data points, innovations, programs, partnerships and industry firsts. In this role, the candidate will be responsible for crafting creative, strategic and informative news releases, press pitches and talking points. In addition, the candidate will be responsible for securing all the required approvals for sharing the content externally and measuring the content’s success.
UTC Aerospace Systems is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and defense products. We design, manufacture and service systems and components and provide integrated solutions for commercial, regional, business and military aircraft, helicopters and other platforms. We are also a major supplier to international space programs.
UTC Aerospace Systems supports a global customer base, with significant worldwide manufacturing and customer service facilities. Our customers include original equipment manufacturers that build aircraft and helicopters, engine manufacturers, and airlines, as well as defense agencies and contractors. Our commitment is to help them develop and maintain safer, lighter, more reliable and more efficient aircraft and other platforms.
UTC Aerospace Systems employs approximately 42,000 people worldwide with approximate annual sales of $14 billion. UTC Aerospace Systems is part of United Technologies (NYSE:UTX), a diversified company that provides a broad range of high-technology products and services to the global aerospace and building systems industries.
• Interview subject matter experts across UTC Aerospace Systems to uncover newsworthy gems about our people, products, and strategic initiatives
• Regularly create content for news releases, talking points, OpEds and other communications channels
• Fact check and secure all required approvals (IP, ITC, Legal, Government Relations, UTC HQ) to share content externally
• Regularly collect and report metrics on the performance of content (ie news pickups, audience, reach engagement, etc.)
• Outstanding writing skills, with an understanding of both journalistic and promotional style
• Proven experience with strategic storytelling and/or value proposition development
• Previous PR experience required; Aerospace Industry or industrial/manufacturing/technical PR experience preferred
• Newsroom or other editorial experience a plus
• Excellent and oral communications skills
• Excellent organizational, multi-tasking and time-management skills
• Team player who is willing to roll up their sleeves to get the job done
• Strong influencing skills, able to manage in a matrixed organization
• Outstanding attention to detail
• Creativity and bias for action
• Positive outlook, proactive and curious in nature
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.