United Technologies Corporation Lead Firmware Engineer in Bradenton, Florida
Job ID: 50833BR
Country: United States
Category: Engineering: Software Engrg
The Lead Firmware Engineer will lead in the advancement of innovative technology by developing, debugging, designing, & unit testing embedded firmware products. In this role you will lead teams, and work alongside other world class engineers, focusing on the development and support of our embedded products for UTC Building & Industrial Systems fire alarm product development group.
• Embedded firmware design for life safety systems and components in a challenging global market
• Use of real-time multitasking executives, high level languages, and integrated development environments on proprietary life safety system platforms
• Design life safety products localized to market requirements the world over
• Complete conceptual, architectural, detailed design and test documentation
• Work closely with electronic design engineer on system design and integrate firmware and hardware components of the overall system design
• Develop a life safety system or component from concept and release design to production within short time spans
• Work closely with hardware, software, research, sourcing, manufacturing, marketing, compliance, and quality group members within and outside of project team.
• Design to global regulatory requirements
• Keep abreast of industry changes in engineering processes and disciplines
• Leverage and manage low cost resource options, manage and work with remote teams to ensure consistency, compliance, and project success.
• Help establish and communicate project schedules, resource, and contingency plans
• Participate in a compliance driven culture within the engineering team
• Evaluate and recommend new technologies
• Bring in projects on time, on budget delivery
* Education / Certifications
- BA/BS in Computer or Electrical Engineering, or in Computer Science
* Experience / Qualifications
Minimum 7 years’ experience with real time embedded firmware systems
• Must be a strong team player, action oriented, and a highly motivated self-starter. Bring a positive, can-do attitude to the workplace every day
• Strong debugging and analytical skills.
• Proven track record of delivering on commitments
• Open and candid communications skills
• Can lead change, personally adaptable, and able to perform well under pressure
• Experience with Fire Products/Markets
• Extensive knowledge of Embedded Linux
• Extensive knowledge of IP based networking and protocols
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must be willing to take a drug test as part of the selection process
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process
• Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States or Canada.
• Ability and availability to travel occasionally
The following would be preferred:
• Use of tools (oscilloscope, meters, etc.) for hands-on debugging purposes,
• Experience with: C/C++, Object Oriented Design, UML, Subversion, HPQC, DOORS, MS Office (Project, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, SharePoint)
• Experience with regulatory agencies
• Experience with Fire Products / Markets
• Extensive knowledge of embedded Linux
• Extensive knowledge of IP based networking and protocols.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS:
- • Minimum 7 years’ experience with real time embedded firmware systems• Minimum 4 years’ experience with modern embedded User Interface• Must be a strong team player, action oriented, and a highly motivated self-starter. Bring a positive, can-do attitude to the workplace every day• Strong debugging and analytical skills.• Proven track record of delivering on commitments• Open and candid communications skills• Can lead change, personally adaptable, and able to perform well under pressureELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:• Must be 18 years or older• Must be willing to take a drug test as part of the selection process• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process• Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States or Canada.• Ability and availability to travel occasionally Additional CommentsThe following would be preferred:o Use of tools (oscilloscope, meters, etc.) for hands-on debugging purposes,o Experience with: C/C++, Object Oriented Design, UML, Subversion, HPQC, DOORS, XML, MS Office (Project, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, SharePoint)o Experience with regulatory agencieso Experience with Fire Products/Marketso Extensive knowledge of Embedded Linuxo Extensive knowledge of IP based networking and protocolso Extensive knowledge of the QT application framework.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.